Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love and Marriage 4

I hated him. Over the last three plus years I had felt many different things towards him but this was a first. Hate. A strong word. I had felt shock, sadness, betrayal but this was a whole other level of emotion. I had given him, our family another chance, fully believing I was doing the "right" thing. I was crushed. Also, I had now put my fiancé on the roller coaster ride. He was right there to comfort me and I accepted it. Our relationship continued.
I apologize but my memory of the exact timeline is pretty fuzzy. I am thinking the above mentioned incident happened late fall of 1992. I think around early 1993 Dave came back, saying he had made a terrible mistake, twice. The Lord had surrounded him with some pretty dedicated Christians. He had become very involved in a local church and I believe the Holy Spirit was convicting him. He said that he belonged with his family, would I give him one more chance?

OK. Did I mention that hate thing? After the final betrayal I thought there was no way in hell this family would ever be repaired.

I think sometimes the Lord lets it become irreparable before He steps in. Then there is no doubt a miracle has occurred.

I agreed to meet Dave in a public place to talk. It was the craziest thing. It was as if it were business meeting and we were negotiating the terms of a contract. No feeling on my part, not for Dave anyway. I was only wanting to do the Lord's will. And how could putting our family back together NOT be the Lord's will. I mean it's not as if i were getting back together with a drug addict, or an alcoholic, or an abuser. I was very practical about the whole thing. No romance here, I just came with my list of "demands" that he had to agree to. Of course he agreed to anything I asked of him, he seemed pretty desperate to make things right. So the " deal" was made. Every single person I knew, family or friend, thought I was nuts. And my poor now ex ex fiancé. I gave him his own roller coaster ride. He was done, had things not worked out again I would not be getting any comfort from him. I have since learned that there is only one place to ALWAYS find comfort, and that is in my Lord.

3 comments:

  1. I love you Theresa you have a story and a testimony and God is gearing you up he's gonna use you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. You are my inspiration to start up my blog again! keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete